This program is for students entering 7th – 9th grades. Teens begin by attending Little Helping Hands orientation, a service project, team builders, and training on how to be a great Activity Co-Lead.
Participants then work alongside Little Helping Hands staff and Activity Leads to co-lead volunteer activities throughout the community. Together, participants work on a group project for the community. Participants also do an individual extension/reflection activity of their choice (i.e. create a brochure about community service, complete a fundraising activity). Teens who complete the program are eligible to continue co-leading activities throughout the year.
2017 Program Components + Summer Dates:
- Shadow an experienced Activity Lead prior to program
- Team Volunteer Activity, Orientation, and Training: June 5-8 (Monday-Thursday) from 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Optional CPR & First Aid Training and Certification: date TBD
- Co-lead dates scheduled individually throughout June, July, and August (Must be available to co-lead at 6 or more activities during the summer)
- Group Project: June 26-28 (Monday-Wednesday) from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Extension/Reflection Activity determined by individual participants
- Volunteer Recognition Event in September
- Note: This program is designed to be a summer long experience. While there is some flexibility, participants must be available to participate in most activities.
How to Participate
Participants are selected based on an application, two references, and group interview performance.
- Submit an application – Summer 2017 applications are open and can be found here! 2017 Summer application deadline is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, April 19, 2017.
- Attend the group interview: Saturday, April 29, 2017. Selected applicants will be invited to participate in a group interview.
- Program fee: $70/$60 for family sponsors. If selected, a program fee applies. Scholarships are available (contact Jennifer@littlehelpinghands.org for information). Program fees go toward training, team service activities, supplies and LHH t-shirts.